High Capacity Railroad Tank Cars for Cryogenic Fluids, or Cryogenic Tank Cars for short, are used for the transportation of super-cold fluids such as liquid oxygen, nitrogen and argon. These tank cars solved the problem of maintaining extremely low temperatures while transporting large quantities of these materials over long distances.
Curious as to how cold these cars could keep liquid oxygen? How about -297 degrees F. Liquid nitrogen kept at -320 F. And liquid argon at -302 degrees F. Now, that's cold!
These high capacity tank cars could transport more than 15,000 gallons of liquid oxygen--which is about double what any of its predecessors could do.
If you've got cold liquid gas hauling to do on your railroad, these are the cars for you.
- Beautifully Detailed and Accurately Modeled
- Precision Paint, Color, and Lettering Schemes
- Many Separately Applied Details including Hand Rails, ladders, brake wheel, roof walkway
- Detailed Underbody
- Composition: ABS body, Diecast Chassis
- Wheel Composition: Metal
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 83 and 100 Rail
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in